2020 AMTA Annual (Virtual) Conference
Time & Location
About the Event
The 2020 AMTA Annual (Virtual) Conference will take place via Zoom on June 20 - 21.
The AMTA summer conference will take place online with a variety of sessions to be offered throughout the day on both Saturday and Sunday, June 20-21. This event will be FREE of charge and open to all.
Sessions will focus on how to implement the Modeling pedagogy during times when remote instruction is necessary. Several sessions will leave time for conversations among breakout groups including physics, chemistry, biology, middle school, and elementary school teachers (if needed).
Tentative sessions for SATURDAY, June 20, starting at 12pm (ET)
- Planning for the New Normal: Modeling Instruction During a Pandemic
- Tech Tools: General Tools and Strategies for Virtual Classrooms
- Equity Matters (more than ever)
- Virtual Happy Hour
Tentative sessions for SUNDAY, June 21, starting at 12:30pm (ET)
- Share-a-thon of remote learning resources (in disciplinary breakout groups)
- Keynote address: **We are hoping to find an epidemiologist to speak about the role of scientific models during the pandemic**